Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 11

• Please log in to reply

sniperNZSAS

sniperNZSAS

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey guys, I need help.
Ive got a problem with wmp11 where my music within each artist is being put in order by realease date instead of album aplabetically like it used to. Ive only got 4 columns showing and the release date is not one of them so why it is ordering them like that has got me lost. In an effort to try and fix it I deleted my music out of the libarary in order to put it back in and see if it sorted itself out, however I did not realised it automatically sent them to the recycle bin and I lost over half my music :whistling:. Thankfully using a recovery tool I manage to get 99% of it back, however I still have the problem with the music ordering itself by release date and after nearly losing my music im rather scared to try anything else lol. Ive already done the obvious solutions of clicking to sort it and unsort it by release date but no change. The reason why I dont want it by release date is beacause half my music doesnt have one and so ive got music from one album in the middle of other albums and its rather anoying. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi sniperNZSAS...

Open WMP to the "Library". Right click on "Title" below the toolbar and choose "Sort by Title". Does this give you the desired result?

wannabe1

sniperNZSAS

sniperNZSAS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry no it doesnt. That just puts all the songs more out of order lol. When I say theyre not in the order I want them to be I mean within each artist, not the entire list.

Edited by sniperNZSAS, 01 December 2006 - 06:05 PM.

jeffery

jeffery

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
-Library >songs, would put it in artist order( I don't think you wanted it that way though) Year would probably be realease date.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok....

Open the Album, right click on "Title", and choose "Sort by Title". How about that?

sniperNZSAS

sniperNZSAS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Still makes no difference to the main libarary. Is there any option for changing the order of music within each idividual album that will still have the same changes when you go into the libarary?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hmmm....doesn't look like it. I'll play with it a bit and get back to you if I figure something out. :whistling:

sniperNZSAS

sniperNZSAS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Cheers thanks man much appreciated

sniperNZSAS

sniperNZSAS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ah sorted it out guys. There an option when you choose your columns to 'Include release date in default sort order'. I must have click it sometime. Sorry to waist your time but all the same cheers for the time you spent helping.

Edited by sniperNZSAS, 01 December 2006 - 08:04 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Cool...Thanks, sniperNZSAS. You taught me this time... :whistling: