Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error-Checking

• Please log in to reply

Dave Malatt

Dave Malatt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Everybody,
Need a little help with an HP laptop (Pavilion dv10000).
The computer works just fine EXCEPT when I run ERROR-CHECKING, It won't complete the check through number 5 (checking free space). It gets to 5% and won't go any farther. I have to do a hard shutdown in order to boot Windows. It defrags OK and everything else functions normally. I run McAfee virus scan, Spysweeper 5.2, SpyBot, and PConPoint on the machine.
CAN ANYONE HELP??

Thanks, Dave

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I wouldn't worry about it Dave, because about every 6 months I reclone my harddrives with a fresh copy of win xp. After a few months of computing it is recommended and very useful just to backup everything and then reformat your harddrive. As long as everything is functioning correctly.

Also check my sig for some great antivirus software. :whistling:

Sorry I can't be more useful on your error checking problem