Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:48 PM
Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:39 PM
I need a little more information to get you you straigtened out:
1. Does this mean that you and your friend are sharing the same internet connection through your 2link 2700HG-E router .... or .... you have your own internet connection and he has his own internet connection?
I am attempting to play a game with a friend via IP
2. What is the name of the game?
3. Is the game for a PC, Xbox, Playstation, Xbox360, Playstation 2, Gamecube ????
4. You said your router was a 2link 2700HG-E .... but i can only find that model in a "2Wire" brand and not a "2Link" brand... Which of the two is it?
5. Are you using the WIRED ... or ... WIRELESS for connectivity?
6. And lastly I am assuming your connection method is via DSL with a Username and password to connect? If not please let me know what type of IP Scheme you use?
Please answer these questions thoroughly so we can get a solution for you. Thanks.
Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:15 AM
2. Diablo 2
4. Yes it's 2wire, sorry about that.
5. Wired I would think.
6. I'm not sure what you're asking. If I type my IP in the address bar, it asks for a password if thats what you mean?
Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:06 AM
Please make sure you and your friend both have the most recent patch which can be downloaded and installed from Battle.net's site, right here.
Next we need to make sure you and your frined are both joining the same way. Please follow these steps on both pc's:
1. Click on the Start button, select Run.
2. Type “dxdiag” in the Open box and click OK.
3. Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool loads up, click on the Network Tab.
4. Click the Test DirectPlay button.
5. In the Service Provider section you can select what type of network protocol you wish to test. After you have picked which network type to test one computer must choose “Create new session”. Any computers you want to test must choose the same options, except they will choose “Join existing session”.
6. If you are using the "DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider", the joining machine will see a list of sessions available to join. If you are using the "DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider", you will have to know the IP address of the machine you are connecting to.
7. If the network is properly configured, the computers should be able to communicate with each other. Typing information in one box and pressing the Send button or the Enter key should make the text appear on the other machine.
8. Please post any failed test or errors you get.
Next make sure the following ports are configured through your router:
Allow port 6112 TCP out and allow established sessions in
Allow port 4000 TCP out (realm games)
Allow port 4000 TCP out and in (hosting open games only)
If you are using any of the following software as a firewall please click on it to se how to configure it correctly:
Sygate Personal Firewall Pro
Windows XP's Internet Connection Firewall
Edited by SpaceCowboy706, 02 December 2006 - 09:08 AM.
Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:06 PM
Edited by dannyboy775, 02 December 2006 - 09:10 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users