Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet history does not delete

• Please log in to reply

uptoolayte

uptoolayte

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I noticed that since the last time I deleted my internet history, there are several sites that just will not delete. They stay there, not in my dropdown box, but show up just below when you type in www.whatever.
I've downloaded so many window cleaners and looked all over for these sites, but no matter what software I used, they remain, like permanent stone history. Any suggestions on how to get rid of these?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi uptoolayte...

What browser? You can usually stop this from happening by disabling the Auto Complete feature for the browser you are using.

wannabe1

uptoolayte

uptoolayte

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'm just using regular windows explorer v6.0.
Its weird, now the history is gone, without explanation. It was there for 3 days and now just gone, heh. Anyways can you tell me how to delete it in the future, it just annoys the [bleep] out of me.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
look in internet options. is the time limit set to 3 days for saving the history?

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
If you just don't want to keep a history set the time to save the history to 0 days and it wont keep a history, or it will delete when closing the browser.

-OCM770-

uptoolayte

uptoolayte

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I know how to set it to delete after a certain amount of days. I'm referring to my first problem when, no matter what I did, the history just STAYED there.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Is the account you're working on a guest account or does it have administrator rights?