How to Remove Zlob.trojan.Media-Codec Goldcodec, Braincodec

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

ShaX_91

ShaX_91

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I can`t reformat. Not during this month or February until I put all the important data on disks. Linux, thanks, but no thanks. I`m a gamer, so that is also not an option. I`ll try spysweeper. Thanks.

Advertisements

cable89

cable89

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
oh well good luck oh and linux is pretty grate u can always find a gaming emulator but u can run games like war craft and diablo but not half life or bio shock

ShaX_91

ShaX_91

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OK thanks for your help. I`ll download this spysweeper and try to solve my problem. Was my computer hacked in by someone since those names are changed?

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome ShaX_91
I would suggest you get over to the malware forum and get started with the "Start Here" topic and post a HJT log for review from one of our staff members

cable89,
While we appreciate your trying to help reformat is always a last resort.
If your interested in learning to fight malware have a look Here

AccidentalClick

AccidentalClick

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Is there a way to remove it in Vista?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This method works on Vista as well

confusedsal

confusedsal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey totally lost and really needing help. I was given my friends pc to have a look at it is incredibly slow, pop ups for poker and stuff appearing, when i ran free avg no virus found, then i tried xsoft and it said i had the mediacodec zlob trojan among many other less severe threats, how can i get rid of all of these particularly the media codec. what i have tried so far:
smitfraudfix
xsoft-won't remove unless you pay
spysweeper
antispyware
truesword
and thats just the ones i can remember off hand they all require payment which i am afraid to do
what do you recommend?
all help greatly appreciated
at the end of her thether sarah!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Hello Sarah

I would recommend going over to the Malware Removal forum, read all the Sticky Threads, and follow the required steps there

Then somebody will help you clean the PC up

delica88

delica88

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
I think that yesterday i was infected with the zlob trojan, my symptoms were pop-ups everywhere , virus alert next to my clock, start menu was cleared apart from being able to select firefox and program defaults, my computer had dissapeared and when i found it through folder searching only my hard drives had dissapeared along with it. fortunately after using smitfraudfix and sdfix the virus went. task manager etc can now be used but still my computer shows now hard drives, some icons on the desktop are still missing and the start menu is still clear but now have the ability to click programs. run has also gone from the start menu.

any assistance would be appreciated

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Advertisements

james j

james j

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I do believe i have the zlob Trojan, what happened was i downloaded a mp3 and after i double clicked it it told me my mp3 codec was out of date. So i then proceeded to update it and when i installed the update WHAM Trojan. I brought pop ups critical system messages and added shortcuts too the desktop, also it changed my browser and background pic. I am at work now and will be posting a hijack this code when i get home. The prob is i have to run in safe mode, now will the hijack this see the registry codes in safe mode?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
If you cant post it from Normal Mode, then just post it from Safe Mode. We will still get you cleaned up. Just let your helper know.

james j

james j

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i used smitfraudfix and it did not remove the Trojan . It removed the crap the trojan put on my desktop but as soon as i restarted my pc it popped back up. I will post the hijack this code. Thank god i have a dual boot with Ubuntu !

Edited by james j, 25 September 2008 - 08:08 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
There are probably new variants or other malware present thats why

james j

james j

• Pip
  • 3 posts
removed log

Post in the malware removal forum please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.