Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WoW Installation Error

• Please log in to reply

macreel316

macreel316

• Pip
  • 5 posts
"Sorry, the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hard drive space."

I tried the x:\tmp or x:\Temp thing. I don't have a "C:\" drive, I have an "F:\" drive. I did it in my F: drive and still have the same prob. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Advertisements

kws_divine

kws_divine

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Im pretty sure you need to have a C drive, thats where the system space is held.
So I guess it makes sense that since its not there, you have no space or just not enough gigabytes to install WoW

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
No, it is not required that you have as C:. How much free space do you have on F:. though?

kws_divine

kws_divine

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
You need at least 5 gigs to install WoW

macreel316

macreel316

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yeah.. I just installed windows.. it's a WD Caviar 250gb SATA

zerd

zerd

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I also have the "Sorry, the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hard drive space."-problem andi have tried the tmp/temp thing and it doesnt work.
Have 15gb of free space so that should not be the problem.

hate this, i just wanna play:D

macreel316

macreel316

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just used my old HD to do it.. 'cause I got tired of it having that error.

I think it must be on C: or D: drive. 'cause it works on both of those for me.

Just not the F: drive.. stupid blizzard installer.

zerd

zerd

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have it on my C: drive but it still dont work.
I have tried to move the game to another drive and run it but it still doesnt work.
Baaaah i wanna play..

macreel316

macreel316

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Possible solutions:

1. create a new folder on your desktop and copy the installer and tome file from the CD to the folder. copy the tome files from the other discs to the folder as well.

2. go to "My computer", right-click and select properties. under the advanced tab, click "Environment Variables". Add "C:\tmp" or "C:\Temp" if they're not already there.

3. reinstall windows to another drive.

zerd

zerd

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks a bunch:)
Fixed it now.

macreel316

macreel316

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Awesome, glad to be of help~ if you wanna look for me in the game, I'm on the US realm Blackwing Lair (PvP); name: Ironmatt

museman123

museman123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi im having the same trouble with the "Sorry, the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hard drive space." i have tryed to copy the Tomes from each CD, got to CD 2 and says "Cannot Copy the Installer Tome 2: Data error (Cyclic redundancy check), can any one help me, i even tryed the C:\Temp and Tmp thing, it just doesnt show up on the thing so.... any help?

bloodlust

bloodlust

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Finally I got to work, but in a different way.

I downloaded the patch and had the same error:

"Sorry, the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hard drive space."

Tried to copy all the tome files, change tmp variables, repair wow.. nothing worked.

Here what I did:

Moved the WoW-2.3.0-enUS-patch.exe to the wow folder. Opened the game and it said that wow needed to be updated. Ok, it start downloading the patch (the program that later downloads the patch). Wow exited, opened the patch downloader and checked the file that was already on the folder thinking that it was really downloaded by itself and then.. STARTED TO INSTALL :)

searched too many forums and got no solutions, made mine :)

Edited by bloodlust, 13 January 2008 - 11:15 PM.

Brownie559

Brownie559

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yeah, I struggled with this for 2 days, but then found the solution. It's not ur computer, well it wasn't for me, if you notice when you try to run the patch, it ain't the regular looking "click yes to allow" or whatever your may say. To fix my problem, i downloaded the same patch from a different source and it worked. IT'S THE PATCH, download a new on from somewhere else and check if it works.