Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocked from my favourite website?

• Please log in to reply

sophus

sophus

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've been blocked from my favourite website for around 3 months now. I've spoken to some online friends who say the website is still up and running. It's a forum. I was just wondering if anybody knows how I can get back on this website? I have no idea whether I have been blocked from this website or whether I just cannot get on.

All help appreciated!

Advertisements

Dynamix

Dynamix

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Which browser are you using?
Which browser are your friends using?
Do you live with anyone who could have changed the browser settings?
Do you use a firewall which can block specified websites?

Answer these questions for me and I should be able to help you :tazz:.

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Have you tried registering yourself again under a new name etc....

Not that your meant to of course... err... :tazz:

Sometimes froums are set up with other credentials they check people with other than ip address, especially now that not all ip are static.

sophus

sophus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Which browser are you using? IE 6
Which browser are your friends using? I imagine the same
Do you live with anyone who could have changed the browser settings? Yep
Do you use a firewall which can block specified websites? Yep

Answer these questions for me and I should be able to help you :tazz:.

View Post

Dynamix

Dynamix

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay try going to Tools >> Internet Options

Under the Security Tabs, click on the 'Restricted Sites' icon, then click 'Sites', and make sure it isn't there. If it is, remove it.

If it isn't, check your firewall settings, but since I forgot to ask you which firewall you use, that's a bit difficult to guide you through ;) .

If none of that helps, are you sure you're not banned from the website? What error message do you receive when you try to access it?

Sorry for all the questions :tazz: .

>_<

sophus

sophus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Okay try going to Tools >> Internet Options

Under the Security Tabs, click on the 'Restricted Sites' icon, then click 'Sites', and make sure it isn't there. If it is, remove it.

If it isn't, check your firewall settings, but since I forgot to ask you which firewall you use, that's a bit difficult to guide you through  ;) .

If none of that helps, are you sure you're not banned from the website? What error message do you receive when you try to access it?

Sorry for all the questions  :tazz: .

>_<

View Post

Hey don't worry about the questions, you are helping!

It isn't listed under restricted sites. I have Zone Alarm, Avast and Windows Security Alerts . I've looked around these programs and it doesn't seem to be effecting.

I could've been banned from this site, but I find it very unlikely seeing as I've been a long term member of it... ;)