Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"A pop-up window was blocked" message

• Please log in to reply

chowdown

chowdown

• Pip
  • 7 posts
This sympton has been posted here before, I'm wondering if there is any new advice.

I use IE6, and sometimes I run it under my Yahoo DSL account. OS = XP Pro.

Quoting saraveza408:
"sometimes when im trying to access a site that needs to "pop-up" i hear a noise indicating that a pop-up was blocked & obviously its the one I needed to see & i cant figure out which program I have is blocking it from "popping-up".I try to adjust my settings by the "tools" then "pop-up blocker settings".I allow pop-ups from that site And still the site wont show...i just hear the noise & thats it.So I watch the bar on the bottom of the page & it says "a pop-up window was blocked" & I look for some sign of wat program blocked it & find none.So what do i do?"

Today I was seeing the same symtpom (I've seen it at other sites, but it doesn't happen often). I have McAfee and IE6 pop-up blockers turned off. I don't have the Google toobar, and I can't see any Yahoo toolbar that might have its own blocker activated.

New behavior: today I had both plain vanilla IE6-SP2 and My Yahoo browser/IE6 running together. On the same web page (www.santasbestcraft.com) I click on the "Live Help" icon in the top RHC. Saraveza408's problem occurs in plain IE6, but the window opens under Yahoo!

Can anyone explain this? :whistling: I'd sure like to know what to do when I see this again.

Advertisements

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
try left or right clicking on the symbol that indicates that a pop up is blocked and I think an option should come up that will allow you to look at that pop up.