Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:04 PM
Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:16 PM
Please read "ALL" of the instructions before proceeding:
Please read this post completely, it may make it easier for you if you copy and paste this post to a new text document or print it for reference later.
* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
- Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
- Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
- Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
- At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Restart your computer.
* Open Hijackthis, In the lower right corner click the "Config..." (Configuration) button.
* Once in the "Configuration" panel, click "Misc Tools" button.
* Then click the "Open Uninstall Manager..." button.
* The "Add/Remove Programs Manager" panel should appear.
* In this panel click the "Save list" button.
* Save the "uninstall_list.txt" file to its default location.
* Then copy and paste the notepad text that appears in the generated "unistall_list.txt" file in a reply to this post.
In your next reply, please include these log(s):
* HijackThis log (new)
* Uninstall List
Also, please let me know how things are running now and if you encountered any problems while you were following the instructions I posted.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users