Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scanner 'Paperport' problems

• Please log in to reply

BADlactose

BADlactose

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem.

I have a Visioneer OneTouch 8900 scanner that has worked fine for years. But today yesterday I realized that when I try to scan and alter and image 'manually' using the Scan Manager window (as I always do), it doesn't allow me to press the 'SCAN' button. I am only able to press the 'preview' and 'done' button.

In other words, after I press the 'Twain' button, the 'scan manager' window pops up, but the 'scan' button within the window is un-clickable, preventing me from scanning an image.

I am still able to scan images using the 'onetouch' button on the machine, but the resulting image cannot be 'altered' in the paperport page view window (functions such as 'rotate' and 'contrast adjustment' are grey and un-clickable.)

I have tried to reinstall Paperport 7, but that didn't help. I also visited the Visioneer help site, but to no avail.

Last week I used a registry cleaner, so I am worried I have screwed up my computer.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,
Badlactose

Advertisements

bar5

bar5

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hi BADlactose:

I use to have a Visioneer Scanner and had Paperport 7, so knew what you were trying to say. I now have Paperport 9, so this is from memory as the scan manager is a little different. I think your problem is with the software so went to "Nuance" (formerly Scansoft/Paperport) and this is what I found. I hope this will help or at least lead you in a different direction.

Paperport 7

If this particular knowledge base article isn't it, you are in the section you may be able to read some other articles. Good luck.

Barb :whistling:

BADlactose

BADlactose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello Barb,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I tried the instructions at the link, but my Paperport is still acting up.
I'll keep on trying though.

Thanks,
BL

bar5

bar5

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hi BL:

Have you tried Yahoo Groups for Paperport? Here is a link to it, but you have to join it just like here at Geeks to Go.

Paperport-Yahoo

Also did you see this at Visioneer for your model? Apparently the "8900" is considered "End of Life" support.

One Touch 8900

Sorry I can't help you more. Good luck.

Barb :whistling: