Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows will not boot on laptop

• Please log in to reply

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
None of these worked.
Happyrck there is a floppy drive on the laptop and all the computers I have access to. There is also a cd drive on all the computer i have access to.
But I am still receiving the same error message.

Advertisements

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Ok, so your saying you tried both methods, completed them succesfully but the "Missing NTLDR"error is still showing up??

-OCM770-

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the link that OCM770...gave is a good place to get instructions on how to do it...

complete instructions at this link...

http://tinyempire.co...drismissing.htm

if you cant get them successfully copied to the C: drive..then the drive probably has some physical damage..

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the link that OCM770...gave is a good place to get instructions on how to do it...

complete instructions at this link...

http://tinyempire.co...drismissing.htm

if you cant get them successfully copied to the C: drive..then the drive probably has some physical damage..

you can get the ultimate boot cd and burn the image and test your hard drive with the tools on the cd...its free ...get it here

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

can you get into your bios...?

Edited by happyrck, 09 December 2006 - 12:20 AM.

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
The process that i recieved from OCM770 did not work. I did exactly as the instructions said but none of them worked.

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Yes I can get into my BIOS

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
set your bios to boot from your cd drive first...then the hard drive...find where it lets you restore the bios defaults...usually F5...read the screens though...be sure to save your changes...usually F10 but read the screen to be sure.. if you have the ultimate boot cd burned ...put it in the cd drive and power up the computer...it should boot to the cd and use the tools on there to check your hard drive..if that fails you can get puppy linux and it will run totally in RAM ( you need at least 128MG's of RAM) and does not even use the hard drive..you can then "mount the hard drive" and copy your data to CDs or a usb drive...a usb flash drive...CDs..whatever you like...I can give you more detailed instructions for puppy if the ultimatebootcd does not work...

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Hello, I have not been able to make the ultimate boot cd because my internet is too slow, so I am getting a friend to make it for me. I will not be able to reply or post anything for the rest of this year, because I am going to mexico. So I will post as soon as i get back, which will be around the 7 of January. Thanks for helping. If this topic gets closed down while i am gone, I will post another one, with the title of Windows Xp will not boot on laptop. So yall can look for that one if this one gets closed. Later

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
OK...have fun... :whistling: