Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost on this new pc :-S

• Please log in to reply

CreeSweetSage

CreeSweetSage

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I just got this new emachine three days ago, after my other one died. I have call waiting & I had a popup that use to show up in the upper left hand corner when i had an incoming call and i could click on it or ignore the call. Can anyone tell me how to have that popup show up on this pc? Cause i am now missing lots of calls. :whistling: thanks, Cree

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
That feature requires some third-party software to be installed by you. It doesn't come pre-installed. You will have to do some searching around in your bits and pieces to find the CD with that call-waiting utility on it. If you already installed it on the new PC but it isn't working as it should, it's possible the software is not compatible with the latest XP update (Service Pack 2 or SP2). This large update fixed many things but also introduced some new problems of it's own, largely to do with software and device driver compatibility. Most were eventually fixed with patches from both Microsoft and the software developers, but some issues still exist, especially with the smaller applications such as yours.

Of course there is another possibility. The call-waiting software may have been pre-installed on your old machine when you first got it. Different PC manufacturers/suppliers install different software packages. It may just be that this new PC doesn't have it. If that's the case, it shouldn't take too long to 'google' for something similar and download it from a website.

Edited by pip22, 04 December 2006 - 05:40 AM.