Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hibernate not working properly

• Please log in to reply

Spamy

Spamy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there! :whistling:

Here is my problem. Every time I put my pc to hibernate, it goes into the hibernation mode just fine, but it doesn't seem to stay that way. Cause every time I come back to my pc it has started back up on it's own.

I assume this is not how the hibernate mode is supposed to work. How do I fix it?

Oh and just two question I was wondering about:

What is the difference between Standby and Hibernate? and which mode would be better if I was not gonna be using the pc for some period of time, but did not want to completely shut it down?

That's all I guess. Hope someone can help, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much in advance!!!

~Spamy~

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Standby is useful if ur leavin ur pc for 30 minutes o somethin. If u leave ur pc for long time then Hibernate is a better option

When u do standby u can turnon it by jus pressin any key but its not the case with hibernate . U've to switch on the power button . I think u do standby instead of hibernate

kram12085

kram12085

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Here is my problem. Every time I put my pc to hibernate, it goes into the hibernation mode just fine, but it doesn't seem to stay that way. Cause every time I come back to my pc it has started back up on it's own.

I assume this is not how the hibernate mode is supposed to work. How do I fix it?

~Spamy~

I was going to start a new thread until I stumbled upon this one, because I am having the exact same problem. I've tried rolling back the video driver since I've heard that's a common cause of problems to no avail. Any ideas?

kram12085

kram12085

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

~Spamy~

Sorry double post!

Edited by kram12085, 05 August 2007 - 01:15 AM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
kram12085

Even though you both may have the same issue the underlying cause may be different please start your own thread.

Spamy

How many people live in your household? Do any of them have access to your computer?