Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microphone not working properly

• Please log in to reply

Drfunk

Drfunk

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I need help, my microphone ( I have two, one is a logitech headset mic, the other is a cheaper one) will not work for any sort of voice transmissions except for when i speak into it my voice comes out of the speakers. Is there any possible way to fix it so i can use it for recording/voice chat again, and if so how?

my sound card is the onboard Realtek AC'97 that comes with the ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard, and has worked fine up until about 3 days ago, the only thing i have changed in that time is to install ventrillo.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I know it sounds weird but with the AC97 sound on some computers you have to open the Volume control, open options, then click properties and then click in a dot in recording for the Mic to work. You will also have to un-dot the recording when you are done otherwise you can get feedback from the Mic. I never found a cure for this except to go with a Creative Sound Blaster sound card.

SRX660