Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Compatiblity list!

• Please log in to reply

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
I'm about to build a PC and I wanted your thoughts on these, whether they're compatible etc:

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD 4400x2
2gb OCZ gold pc3200
Powercolor ATI x1800xt 512mb
Western Digital 80gb caviar SATA
Hiper Type-R 580w
X-blade case

Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i would go with another motherboard that one is good but only when it works almost all of the Asus AMD boards are good but have a tendancy to come DOA. I would also go AM2 the price difference is only about 5-10 quid and am2 is better offers more upgrade potential newer motherboards etc.

You can get an x1950pro for less than £150, or a GT for only around 120 1900s are much better than the x1800s totally different league which is why ati dont make 1800s anymore.

Everything you picked would work all you parts are just about a year off and the new stuff doesnt cost anymore or less than the old stuff most of the time.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
That particular series is actually pretty solid. Just make sure you're going with the SLI Deluxe and not the A8N32 SLI. That huge heatpipe on the chipset instead of a fan makes a world of difference.