* All NICs show up in "network connections" as well as in the device manager. If i plug the network cable in/out the icon is updated according to the connection status (but only if i manually refresh the window with F5).
* Viewing the properties of a network interface shows that it has received/sent 0 packages and NO ip information (I use DHCP) is printed (only blanks).
* If I try to "repair" the connection it stalls on "Disabling the network adapter" and nothing happens.
* No errors reported by windows; "This device is working properly"
* No information is printed when i run "ipconfig" even though interfaces are enabled and connected.
* All above applies to all network interfaces. After the problem started I installed a PCMCIA network card which I know is working with the same result as with built-in wired and wireless network.
* Other computers work well on the same network. Have tried the laptop on different networks (work/home/etc) with same result.
To me this looks like a general network configuration problem with my windows independent of whatever NIC I use. I have tried to rollback system to a previos known configuration however that was not available.
Any suggestions? I've run out of ideas and am considering a reinstall...