Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

some questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bigdan

bigdan

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hello

For the past few weeks, Limewire randomly starts up on my computer. It can be running fine and suddenly it'l start opening up. I've checked my settings for it and I dont see anything that would cause it to start like this. Any ideas?

Even more mystifying is that over the last 2 weeks or so, if my computer is inactive for a fairly short period of time, I think 10 mins or maybe even less, it'll go back to the XP login screen. Thankfully from that screen it doesnt take that long to get back in, but the 30 secs or whatever it does take, all told, is quite annoying. I hate watching a movie and suddenly seeing it quit to that and having to just wait there all this time.

Any advice?

Thanks
Daanish

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post a hijackthis log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting HiJack This logs in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post an HJT log in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post HJT logs in the malware forum)

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I have been told, that P2P issues are not dealt with on geeks ...:whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
p2p issues are not...but what you describe sounds like a malware infection to me..and we don't turn away malware...we won't help you fix limewire if it's broken...but we can help you get your PC cleaned up

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I guess I'll reinstall LimeWire then :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
not suggested and i know you already know the reasons why...you wanna toy with fate...go ahead...but keep in mind we do reserve the right to refuse services to anyone...i'm gonna go ahead and close this thread before it boils down to a p2p discussion

bigdan...if you need this thread opened...pm me or another moderator