Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Site Server Cracked

• Please log in to reply

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi guys, here's the story...

I was on my forum, and I got disconnected. The server was on downtime, so I instant messaged the server owner (he owns my site, I manage it) and he said it was a DDOS attack. He was able to cut off the attacker, he has some server tool that lets him intercept it like that, and all was good. Now, we have an IP. If you put that IP in the address bar, you see webmail for some foreign organization or something. Now, I can't turn on this little interceptor, only the owner can. I've heard that Nuke Sentinel can prevent attacks, and I think I could really use that. One issue though... I can't install it myself, I don't know enough about how scripting and all that works... Is there anyone out there willing to help install it? There's a manual I found somewhere on the developer's site, but I don't understand the lingo... With luck, some people will be donating to the site's Paypal account, so I would be willing to pay as soon as I get that money in. Does anyone know how to do this please?

Advertisements