Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem in PC startup

• Please log in to reply

OSS

OSS

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi all,
I have a P4 2.4 with D865GBF motherboard and 512MB DDR400Mhz ram.For quite long time i am facing this problem and i am unable to resolve it...When sometimes i accedientaly touch or kick Power Pc cable(as it is right under my table)the PC restarts up but does not show anything after the restart.After a struggle of 4 tries of continously unplugging the power cord and plugging again it still does not show any thing but when i pull the processor fan stick(to lose it)it shows up! :whistling: and then push it back...

And when everytime this happens i follow this procedure to fix it....So please if any one can contribute or suggest anything it will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
First try a different power cable and see if that helps. If not, it may be the power supply. Is your computer a brand-name or custom built?

OSS

OSS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
My computer is custom built,it is not branded,moreover i have changed the power cable and the power supply as well.No change!
Still it would not open once it is closed improperly..The only way to open is to pull the jack of processor fan to losen the heat sink..it always shows up then,once it shows up i push the jack back...

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Have you changed those components?

OSS

OSS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have changed the power supply cable and power cable as well.Infact i have tried everything,including changing the ram,and the Processor fan as well :whistling:

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Do you have diagnostics to run to further help troubleshoot your problem?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Have you tried moving the PC to a different wall outlet? Do you have the PC plugged into a backup battery or directly to the wall outlet?