Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox Error Message

• Please log in to reply

Davedavedavedave

Davedavedavedave

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi,

I've been usig Mozilla Firefox for the past few months, ever since my IE stopped working abruptly and can't re-install. It's been working fine until recently, but since a power outage booted the computer in the middle of a session, an increasing number of problems have arisen.

To start with, I just got a simple error message when opening a browser, which I just had to click through and it worked fine:

Exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIRDFService.GetDataSource]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://isearch/isearch.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 93" data: no]

It began immediately after that instance, so I assume it has something to do with not being shut down. More small problems began to present themselves over time: windows freeze a lot, when I try to save a bookmark it comes up blank and other niggly little things.

If anyone could help diagnose this and hopefully fix it, I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

Dave

Advertisements

buster blader

buster blader

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
i would advice u to uninstall and reinstall firefox

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Update ur Firefox to version 2 or try some other browser such as Opera

k-Melon and Flock are also good and they also use the same gecko engine used by Firefox