Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Rom won't start

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
uninstall weather bug

another thing i can help with lime wire

guess you want some programs out

Advertisements

Susan9700

Susan9700

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Hi Rushin,

I did uninstall Weather Bug and Wild Tangent (i found) and some other bad programs. Did you read the HiJackThis log? I'm sure there are other things that need to be removed. I can't read that log, don't understand it. I'm only going by what I see in Add/Remove and what pops up during scans and manually removing things.

Got another problem now that makes me think the laptop isn't as stable as we originally thought. I ran MySpyProtector, which only got rid of maybe 60 things, I ran it again later thinking I'd trick it (I hate trial software) and during the scan it just up and disappeared off the screen. I have a few of my own paid programs that I think I'll run later...still got shopping to do today and picking up my daughter, so with her here, I can get more info from her.

You mentioned Limewire. I have it on my computer, a paid version and I don't find anything wrong with it. There are songs, or videos that are corrupt or have viruses, but Limewire warns you before downloading. If you know of a safer program out there that I can purchase for my daughter, please let me know.

Many thanks.

Merry Christmas

Susan