Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs quitting.

• Please log in to reply

olewoman

olewoman

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
My programs are crashing. I just had a whole paragraph written here and it closed the browser. It closed in Help and Support. I did a non-destructive recovery just in case after running every cleaning program I have to clean it up (spyware, viruses, cleaning things up, etc). I updated my sis graphics chip. I am at a loss as to what to do. Often the error messages say "can't write to memory 00000etc". Other times they just say that this program has encountered a problem and must close. My page file is going crazy, going up above 500 under system managed. My stats match the game I am playing right now but I get those memory errors.

Also, this computer was advertised as a 256 ram. Some places it says 256 and some places it says 192. Why is that? I get warnings all the time that I don't have enough ram to play the game.

Please help me. I really don't want to do full system recovery because, as I am sure you are aware, it takes 2-3 days to restore everything.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Here is my basic system info.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name YOUR-4F1261A8E5
System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 061
System Model PW532AA-ABA SR1403WM NA520
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 28 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1808 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.10, 3/9/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name YOUR-4F1261A8E5\Ozzette
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 256.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 36.35 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 736.16 MB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Do you have antivirus and anti-spyware software installed? If so, update and run a full scan.

You might want to post to the Malware forum and have them check it out. Start here:http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/You_Must_Read_This_Before_Posting_A_Hijackthis_Log-t2852.html