Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD/RW Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes I have been haveing trouble with my CD/DVD/RW Rom Drive, it reads software, and cdr's ,but not DVD-RW, or DVD Movie Disk. And I just got a brand new DVCD/DVD/RW Rom, and still have the same problem. I'm running xp media center, and have re-installed the os, and still have the problem. I have sonic cd/dvd software, and roxio. Everthing was working good till I installed 2 512 sticks of ram, I installed the ram that hp sent me, it is pc 3200 ddr 400, , and it came with the same size 2-256 3200 ddr 400. I have took the ram out, and installed it the 512 first, and then the 256's last, they are matched in easch slot, first two slots, have 512, and the other two 256. still have the same trouble, and I'm getting no ram error's. when I try to read, or write to a dvd, with the dvd in the rom, it says insert disk, and it's already in the drive. :whistling:
Thanks for any help

Edited by Marty L Mayes, 05 December 2006 - 03:24 PM.

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Resolved? How?