- Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 570 (3.8GHz, 1MB cache, 800MHz) support Hyper-Threading Technology
Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 including remote control
- msi925 chipset PCI Express motherboard
- 1GB dual channel DDR2 RAM 533MHz (2x512MB)
- 500GB Serial ATA hard drive with 16MB buffer (2x250GB) RAID0
- New ATI Radeon X850 XT graphics "eats Half Life 2 for breakfast"
- DVD-ROM (16x) drive
- Multi format Dual Layer DVD Writer (16x) / CD-RW (48x) drive
- 7.1 channel surround sound audio (on-board)
- Microsoft® cordless keyboard and cordless optical tilt mouse
- EXCLUSIVE brushed aluminium fronted case 205x485x570mm with colour LCD console and Targan 420w PSU
First question...I have no idea what Windows Media Centre 2005 edition looks like? There is a license sticker on the case that says Windows XP Home! And when checking on the screen it says that its running Windows XP Pro! So I have no idea if Media centre edition is an add on to XP Home/Pro at a guess?
Also the front panel lcd doesnt come on and thats in charge of the cooling fans etc. so they aren't on at the moment except the Cpu fan thank god! I dont have any instructions so I have no idea if I just need to pres a button somewhere to switch the lcd panel on or maybe its just broken in which case I can easily bypass it to wire fans independently.
If no one has an idea I will call Evesham in the morning as it still has a few months warranty left on it and I would imaging that the warranty is transferable to a new owner...Thats what I am hoping anyways.
Apart from that it seems to run great although I did hear the odd rumble but thought that may have something to do with no fans working maybe? who knows! I didn't keep it on long in case of overheating.
Thanks for reading this