Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email

• Please log in to reply

cathmel

cathmel

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am running Outlook Express and am having trouble with sending email. If I send a reply through an existing message, it goes O.K. If I type a new message and enter the email address, the computer sends me back this message "the following address has permanent fatel errors. Reason: Sorry 553: that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). I know these address are valid. What's wrong? I have had trouble with my computer and downloaded and installed Spybot as suggested. Maybe I deleated something I shouldn't have. So I recovered all that I could. Please help. [email protected]

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
welcome to geeks to go
it sounds like a setting in outlook stoppping you from sending e-mails that are blocked or a setting that will not let you send e-mail to poeple you don't have in your address book going to look more into this for you little rusty on outlook have not used it in a long time.
<_<

cathmel

cathmel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

hi
welcome to geeks to go
it sounds like a setting in outlook stoppping you from sending e-mails that are blocked or a setting that will not let you send e-mail to poeple you don't have in your address book going to look more into this for you little rusty on outlook have not used it in a long time.
<_<

To Tazz 1964: Trying to send email from the address book doesn't work either.
thanks, Cathmel

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Found this FAQ, hopefully it helps <_<

What does "553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. (#5.7.1)" mean?
There are only a few reasons you would get this message.

You were trying to send this email through your email servers while dialed into another ISP.
The email service that the recipient uses (our-town.com) was on the Internet's Blacklist for spamming. (unlikely)
The email was corrupted during transmission. (likely)
The email contained a virus and was rejected by your servers. (possible)
If ALL email to this recipient is being sent back to you the problem is number 1 or 2 above. If only this one message is "bouncing" the problem is numbers 3 or 4 above.

Please take the following steps to solve this problem:

In Outlook Express, go to Tools, then click Accounts.
Click the Mail tab. Highlight your ISP mail account in the mail accounts list and click the Properties button.
Click the Servers tab. Under the Outgoing Mail Server section at the bottom, make sure the "My server requires authentication" checkbox is checked. Click OK. Click Close.
Delete any messages in your Outbox and resend the message.
If you still have problems with this message, please scan your computer for potential viruses with the latest version of your anti-virus program.

If this doesn't work, contact your ISP as it may be a problem on their end.