Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

editing an existing page

• Please log in to reply

duckhunter

duckhunter

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi I am working at a new job and need to make some adjustments to the company web site. The guy that worked here before me designed the site, but he is gone and cant be contacted. I designed a basic page in college several years ago using html, but I dont remember how to edit pages on an exsisting site. can someone please help this old timer get started. thanks

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
You need access to the site first, which most likely means FTP.

Once you have that you take the file you want to modify, download it to your local machine, edit the file and then re-upload the file to the server via FTP.

Even if you pull down the code off the web, without a way to re-upload the files back to the server no changes can be made.

Edited by thenotch, 05 December 2006 - 08:27 PM.