Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD2 sound disappears

• Please log in to reply

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
So i finally gave in and reinstalled the best game ever made Call of Duty 2, everything was working fine, but half way through the game the sound disappers completely.Not just the sound within the game but the system audio is just gone, the only thing that i can do to get audio back is to log off and log in onto windows again. It's really bizzare, feels like cod2 somehow switched a mute option within my system or something. I have onboard audio, it's AC97. the sound disappearing thing only occurs in call of duty 2, and seems to be completely random, sometimes i can game for hours without problem other times half way into one game and the sound will disappear. Problem only exisit in mutliplayer as far as i know.

thx for the help

i can play fine without sound, but it's just wrong not to enjoy the amazing sounds of cod.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi,

COD2 the best game ever......hmmmmmm...no!

Try updating to the latest sound driver, try lowering the sound quality and try changing the sound provider to Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio.

Benchwarmer969

Benchwarmer969

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yeah, the sound provider will definitely help. When I use Creative it doesn't seem to work as well for me.

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey †Gladiator†,

What sound card are you running off? If it is intel or an intergrated sound card you should really get an upgrade to something better.

Benchwarmer969

Benchwarmer969

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yeah, CoD doesn't seem to run well with Intel products (gfx cards etc.)