Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Steam

• Please log in to reply

zestron

zestron

• PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
More than a ago ago I had the problem that Steam said, "Could not connect to Steam network." I thought, well, it's probably just down for the day, but no. Days passed and I got really pissed. I searched down everything I could, I reinstalled Steam, did something with SteamApps folder, reinstalled everything I have from Valve, went though all my Windows Firewall, my router and I had the same result every time. I've even repaired windows and nothing!
I really don't know what to do now, I've tried almost anything and now my only hope is to ask the public.
PLEASE HELP ME!
I CAN TAKE SCREEN SHOTS, VIDEOS OR ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP.
:whistling:
http://img383.images...51/steamco1.png

Edited by zestron, 05 December 2006 - 07:13 PM.

Advertisements

kws_divine

kws_divine

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Well lets get some questions down first. Is your fire wall allowing Steam to access the internet? That can be the problem, because if your not allowing steam to access the internet, then Steam will not connect.
Also is windows firewall the only fire wall you are using?

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Windows Firewall and my router are the only things I have. Windows Firewall had been off and i'm not really sure about the router. I think its off, im not positive.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The router is probably the problem it might need some ports fordwarded but im not sure wha ports steam uses its been a while, you are aware that valve has a support department thats really good, i would try with them first before us as they know alot more about steam than anyone of us could dream of?

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
I've posted on many forums including Steam's support forum. I emailed them and they replied with ports and stuff I need to open, I think it's my router but it's hard to use and kinda weird.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
I DID IT, IT WORKS!
Under the option to make my computer completly exposed the end of the IP was 104, I changed to to 102 and it worked. Now I just want to fiddle around with some things.