Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver problem

• Please log in to reply

Maelspike

Maelspike

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Weell, my NEC laptop had basically gone down malfunctioning road, so I ran a complete Windows XP pro reinstall. Trouble is, my computer now doesn't recognise a couple of devices:

Biometric Coprocessor
Multimedia Audio Controller
Network Controller
PCI Modem
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

The Ethernet Controller didn't work either, but using Everest, I managed to find out what drivers I needed for it, and once I'd downloaded those using another computer, I was able to use the internet again. Trouble is, I can't find any of the other drivers that I need. I installed a chipset from the Intel homesite, but it didn't solve a thing.
My computer stats:

CPU: Mobile Intel Pentium M750, 1866 Mhz (14 x 133)
Motherboard Name: NEC Computers International VC2
Motherboard Chipset: Mobile Intel Alviso i915PM
BIOS Type: Phoenix (06/28/05)

I believe that I found the name of the audio drivers I need to get my sound working again. Trouble is, though the internet is full with Intel 82801 AC' 97 driver downloads, I can't find the right one.

Audio Adapter: Conexant Cx20468 @ Intel 82801FBM ICH6-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-2]

Can anyone please help me? Be greatly appreciated

Edit: Using device manager to reinstall drivers doesn't help, windows can't find any drivers by internet.

Advertisements

Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Have a look on the NEC downloads page for the necessary device drivers for your laptop model
http://support.necam...rch/default.htm

Dont you have a CD that came with the lappy?

Maelspike

Maelspike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I didn't get a cd cause I bought the laptop as a bargain from the university I used to study at a year ago. I think they installed all software from a few packets so I didn't get anything. Not even windows installation cd. I had to go to a friend to ask for one. Oh btw it's custom built it's a tweaked NEC versa

I'm gonna look at the website now.

Edited by Maelspike, 06 December 2006 - 09:22 AM.

Maelspike

Maelspike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
[bleep]! I've got a Versa P (or it sure looks like it), and they have no downloads for that model ><