Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Team 16 Coal

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
I'm seeing lots of "Team 16 Coal" bin files in my program files in folders of all sorts of different names. What is this? Do I have to use any virus removal or something?

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Not familiar with the "name" "Team 16 Coal" and neither is google... Something kitchy like that, I would think, is not a Windows folder or file :whistling: There are a lot of "Team 16" hits though...anything sound familiar...?

Did you do a properties search of one or more files to see who or what the original source was, or what the depencencies are... ? Open one or more of the folders and then see if there are any files that will give you a clue...

The "name" of "Team 16 Coal" sounds like it may be attached to some sort of game? ...are you a gamer? I''m not, so I am interested as well... :blink:

Since it appears that there are more than one folder [?], etc., possibly denoting a program [?], and that it was installed to the Program folder... Did you check the Window's Add and Remove process on the Control Panel? to see if any mention of it is found there...

Does any of the mysterious folders have an uninstall command file?

Edited by b1caez01, 07 December 2006 - 03:57 AM.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Was this issue resolved? How?