Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

'nv4_disp.dll'?

• Please log in to reply

Monkey_Time

Monkey_Time

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When ever i run an EXE (game) after a certain point it crashes, gives the usual blue screen then

Tech:
*** Stop: 0x000000(0XC000005, 0XBFA0263F, 0XF9757B78, 0X00000000)
*** nv4_disp.dll- Adress- etc.etc.etc.

Can anyone translate this into english for me, or tell me whats wrong or what is going on?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
It means that you have an nvidia videocard and the driver needs to be updated

www.nvidia.com

nealpolitan

nealpolitan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am getting the same error. Just upgraded from a GeForce 4 4200ti to a GeForce 6600GT and have been unstable ever since. I have the newest drivers from nvidia. I also upgraded processor, memory, and power supply within the last week or so. Still tying to isolate, but the mention of the nvidia drivers in the BSoD makes me wonder.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

nealpolitan

nealpolitan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I isolated my problem to some bad RAM. I ran memtest and got a whole bunch of errors. Traded out my new 1GB of PC3200 for my old 512 of PC2700, no problems even after 3 hours of heavy duty gaming. Try running memtest. There should be no errors. Good luck.

Remailer

Remailer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
http://support.micro...=325730&sd=RMVP