Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Do you remember when you discovered Santa wasn't real?

• Please log in to reply

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Can't actually remember how I found out, but do remember vividly hearing sleigh bells on our farm roof one year when I was about 7 or 8. Also know that I didn't let on that I didn't believe for many years in case the loot stopped coming!

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Santa isn't real? :whistling:

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
i was throwing a hissy fit when i found out..

when i was about 9 i found out.. boy what a terrible christmas :whistling:

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
i found out age 7 woke up having to go to the washroom i saw my parents putting presents under the tree thats when i found out i played along with it tell i was 10 to make my parents think i never saw them

Misconown

Misconown

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Heh, I was in my parents car, and I just wondered to myself "Why do some kids say Santa is real, and others don't? Let's ask mum!"

So, I did what I thought, and asked her, she said "Of course he is real!", but something I don't know what, but something was telling me otherwise! So I kept nagging, and nagging at my Mother, she eventually gave in and told me. I was devistated! :whistling:

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
It was when Santa's handwriting looked remarkably similar to my Dad's. :whistling:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Reality set in around 9, but never said a word, till i was like 14 :blink: Still get gifts saying that their from Santa :whistling: Heck i get parents asking to write Christmas cards for their kids so their kids can't figure out their parents hand writing. :help: Yet i still get gifts "from santa"
James

Edited by james_8970, 20 December 2006 - 03:37 PM.

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
i first found out santa wasnt real when i first read this topic. very sad times but i knew something wasnt right for quite a while now so its best i read it here. :whistling:

but seriously i found out about the age of 12-13 i spotted my dad putting a present on my bed but he said santa done it.

dtwazere

dtwazere

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I found out at about 10 from my dad, it didn't bother me much. My mother still refuses to deny his existence though.

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
My father looks remarkably like santa... only with tatoos... he has the beard and glasses and everything, so when I was about 7 I started to think that HE was santa. Then I realized that he actually was santa when i was about 9, and did the same as everyone else. Pretended that I didn't know so I would get more presents. :whistling:

A70)v(1C

A70)v(1C

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Heh I remember waking up in the middle of the night probably around 2am and hearing my mom and dad playing wit ha remote control car, the next mourning I woke up to open "Santa's" present and it just happen to be a remote control car. So I told em that i heard them playign with it and they gave in :whistling: