Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP 10 freezes when renaming media

• Please log in to reply

Cunning

Cunning

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Having a problem with windows media player 10. Ever since I upgraded to this version I have been unable to rename any of my ID3 tags on my MP3's or WMA's. Any body know how to resolve this or do a full uninstall rather than the usual half removal that windows does?

TIA

Cunning

Advertisements

user_name

user_name

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
You could do a system restore to before when WMP10 was upgraded. I have trouble with WMP 10 sometimes, and ultimately I just switched to ITUNES, for the cool GUI and ease of use.

As for removing it completely, you should get a fairly complete removal by add/removing windows components then deleting the program file tree.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
rename them in what program "Advanced Tag Editor" within WMP or some other tag editor?

ivyqui

ivyqui

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the exact same problem. :tazz: I tried using the advanced tag editor but it did not work. :mad: Any other suggestions?