Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

update roll up 2

• Please log in to reply

jw010x8941

jw010x8941

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi whenever i try download windows media player 11 it fails and tells me i need to download update roll up 2 for windows media center edition but when i try download that from microsoft.com i get half way through the installation and that fails??can any 1 help plz

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Are you trying to download the rollup from the Microsoft update site or directly from Microsoft.com?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Here's a link to some troubleshooting tips on Media Center Rollup 2. Hope it helps.
http://blogs.msdn.co...les/487537.aspx

jw010x8941

jw010x8941

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
hi thank u that site fixed my problem right out,i wonder if u could help me with 1 more problem as i finally have my pc the way i want it i would like to create a recovery backup disk so when i go to system tools to create backup i select backup all files on my computer but when it's about 5 minutes into creating backup i get a message saying 'you have either run out of space or the backup file (.bkf) is too large fir this disk'???

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Depending on how much data you want to backup (and if you're backing up the entire hard drive and system state it can be quite a large amount), the best solution is a portable harddrive. You can get them fairly inexpensively now.