Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some help on my system?

• Please log in to reply

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Yeah there should be a noticable difference. The difference between DDR1 and 2 is really tiny, its a price saving thing more than anything else, DDR was always good with AMD hard to improve on, DDR1 wasnt as good with intel but AMDs memory controller was so good it took advantage of lower timings that intel couldnt so they went for DDR2 with the better memory bandwidth, AMd went with DDR2 eventually primarily because if price its cheaper to manufacture than DDR they gained pretty much 0 performance over 939 systems from switching to DDR2 memory.

I would check out the temps first before buying anything unless you were planning on it allready.

well heres the thing i have been lookin to boost the mem on it for a while the sticks i have in there are over 2 years old now and once back in the day over clocked with the old computer. I have been looking around reading up on site but i could never find anything that proves to be the better buy for mem but since i have seen alot of people suggest corsair i think im might try em out but once i get home to night ill run that program and see

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Corsair is good memory you want find much better in terms of performance or price, if you were planning on getting it thats fine. You should just clear up any heat issues before hand.

PS you dont have to quite the previous reply each time, its already written above your own post.

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
lol sorry sorry just used to clubcivic i usally quote just so people know who im talking to. but as a gameing rig my rig check out just fine then? get new mem take care of heat issue if there is any and get a dual core amd

and i think this is the first froum i have been on that has actually answered all my questions. i been on other computer forums cant rember names because no one really helped me so i never went back to thoes sites.

thanks guys

Edited by SLI-Owns You, 07 December 2006 - 04:13 PM.

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i ran the speed fan program this is what i got

thats while playing world of warcraft so is that normal temps i should be seeing?

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Edited by SLI-Owns You, 07 December 2006 - 10:09 PM.

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
CPU temp is too hot. With so many fans, I can't imagine that's the problem. Did you do a good job with the thermal paste?

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

CPU temp is too hot. With so many fans, I can't imagine that's the problem. Did you do a good job with the thermal paste?

you sure its to hot?? because thats when im playing world of warcraft at all the settings high and ya im pretty sure. i could get some new paste from work

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i checked it out this morning after its been ideling its at like 35c for cpu