Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express, split up more than one account ?

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
If I have two accounts, lets say [email protected] and [email protected] and add both accounts to Outlook Express. Mails that are received by both accounts are transferred into the common inbox and it could get annoying trying to distinguish every time which mail is for which account. Intead, I wanted to know if you could split into two different accounts basically having their own folders etc. So for [email protected] it would store all emails received, sent, deleted etc. in a certain area and same for [email protected] in a different area. If you've configured Outlook Express to recieve your hotmail emails you'll probably be in a better position to understand what I'm talking about. Please let me know. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

Thanks

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
You should be able to set up a message rule that redirects incoming messages to [email protected] to one folder and [email protected] to another.

So try this: Add two new folders (right click over Inbox, New Folder - you'll be prompted for the folder name and where to place the folder). Then click the Tools menu, Message Rules, Mail. In the New Mial Rule dialog box, section 1, check Where the To line contains people. In section 2, check your desired action, such as Move to Folder. In section 3, click the link for 'contains people' and enter the email address ([email protected]). Then click the link for 'specified' folder and choose the new folder.

As new mail is delivered into OE, the rules should kick in and redirect them based on the rule.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Did this resolve your problem? If not, please post back.

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Sorry about the delayed respone, just been extremely busy. Yes that solved my problem, thanks a lot :-)