Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with a certain internet site

• Please log in to reply

fledgling

fledgling

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
I am having problems with certain secure pages on the internet. I am able to access my insurance company on line and my list of all paid claims without a problem. However, when I try to access individual claims, I get blank pages. If I click any option on blank page such as "Log Off", I get the following message.

Screenshot___12_7_2006___3_14_12_PM.jpg

The only change I have made recently is to Java. I have updated to vers 1.5.0_10. Per Sun Microsystems, I deleted & reinstalled, did all their tests. Java is working ok. Sun says they can do nothing else.

I contacted my insurance company, and they say there is nothing wrong with their site; that it must be my system.

I have run NAV, Kapersky, Panda, Ewido (now AVG), tried system restore, chkdsk etc. Nothing helps.

I have no problems on any other sites to date.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Were you able to view those same pages before you updated Java?

fledgling

fledgling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Yes, I was.

An update to my problem: This site has the same problem on my other PC that has java version .9.
It also cannot be accessed by a computer at my wife's office but I don't have her version of Java. SO maybe it isn't Java.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
That pretty much rules out the problem on your end. You'll have to get back in touch with your insurance company, explain to them that you have the problem on 3 different computers running different software, and give them the error message. They'll have to get it to their webmaster to correct.

fledgling

fledgling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I resent the request to the insurance company but I have a feeling they are going to again disavow any problem.

Thanks.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Is this the site that wont let you in

https://mos.ghi.com/...=memberRegister

Maybe the upgraded and added more security

perhaps a new security update wont allow you

inform your computer technician of this and he can make the neccessary adjustments

fledgling

fledgling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I can access everything on their site except individual paid claims. Their initial answer to me was that "They have no suggestions. Their site works for them and no changes were made security or otherwise." I have resubmitted a request to them, but I am not holding my breath for a quick resolution, if any.

Thanks