Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IEXPLORe.EXE is running inside EXPLORe.EXE

• Please log in to reply

browse_v

browse_v

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I start Internet explore, iexplore.exe process is not showing up in the task manager. Its seems to be iexplore.exe is running inside explore.exe. how can i avoid this.

Thats why when i start IE browse, Explore.exe is using more CPU and memory.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
think I would like a couple of pictures of what your describing, as I don't follow you?

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Yeah- We need some screenshots....

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Also, i'm not sure I understand this problem. If IE is working ok then it dosen't matter if its not in Task manager. Also it doesn't matter if that file is taking up more space since if it contains IE.

Thanks,
MR0624

browse_v

browse_v

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, Usually when we start IE browser IEXPLORE.EXE will be invoked and showing in the task manager. In my case IEXPLORE.EXE is not showing up under process in task manager.

I figured out that when i start IE browser, EXPLOR.exe process is taking more CPU and memory.

Since IE is running inside explore.exe, even I close browser sessions are not getting killed.

I hope you understand now...

thanks

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

ok, Usually when we start IE browser IEXPLORE.EXE will be invoked and showing in the task manager. In my case IEXPLORE.EXE is not showing up under process in task manager.

I figured out that when i start IE browser, EXPLOR.exe process is taking more CPU and memory.

Since IE is running inside explore.exe, even I close browser sessions are not getting killed.

thanks

View Post

iexplore.exe is proper. a similarly named process running would likely be a trojan of some sort.

JDM

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

thanks

View Post

explore.exe is the "graybird" virus. Go here for more information.