Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft sam voice

• Please log in to reply

duley3

duley3

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I was playing with the speech thing in the control panel. I was making Sam say wierd things and My kids were laughing so hard. So now I would like to find something that would allow me to make Sams voice able to be saved and used for windows sounds. I want to set the voices to the opening windows and shut down windows sounds and thing like this.

Does any know how I could do this? Or is there some software out there that I could use?

Edited by duley3, 08 December 2006 - 07:50 AM.

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
I use Speakonia. Link:

http://www.cfs-techn...om/home/?id=1.4

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Cool Thanks,
I think that is just what I was looking for. I'll read more on it later. I Just got a kick out seeing my kids laugh that hard. I was laughing just as hard at them as they were at Sam. :whistling:
Thanks again :blink:

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
That was what I was looking for. But, This is going to sound weird. The voices were too clear. I was hoping for something like Sam's voice (Robot like or something weird sounding). This program will be used for fun. Not something that I have to have for a handicap or anything. That's why I would like weird voices.

Do you or someone else know of any other programs?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could open up the speach deal that y ou were playing with before...and then open up the windows sound recorder...create the phrase you want...press record on the recorder...then play on the voice deal...this should record what comes out (you may need to play with the sound mixer to get it to work) then you can "edit" that wav file to remove any dead space in the beginning or ending of the recording

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

you could open up the speach deal that y ou were playing with before...and then open up the windows sound recorder...create the phrase you want...press record on the recorder...then play on the voice deal...this should record what comes out (you may need to play with the sound mixer to get it to work) then you can "edit" that wav file to remove any dead space in the beginning or ending of the recording

That kinda sound like too much work. I was just looking for something simple. So my kids (9 and 10) could make it do or say what they wanted. Then I could use the sounds where they wanted them.

But Thanks for the info. :whistling: I might try and see what happens..

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
In Speakonia, there are tons of different voices (choose the voice to be Sam). You can also mess with the pitch and speed. You should be able to match exactly Windows's Sam.

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

In Speakonia, there are tons of different voices (choose the voice to be Sam). You can also mess with the pitch and speed. You should be able to match exactly Windows's Sam.

I tried the other voices and could find one that was funny (so to speak). But I didn't try changing the pitch and speed yet. I'll play later.. Until then if anyone knows of some others I could try let me know please.

Thanks for helping. I know this not something the needs all the attn. and others have more pressing problems to work out. But, If you could have seen the kids you would know where I was coming from.

Thanks again :whistling:

Tiddyman5

Tiddyman5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i downloaded speaktonia. but i only have like #1 english man etc.... how can i get microsoft sam?