Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows stuck in boot cycle

• Please log in to reply

mitchbade

mitchbade

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I woke up yesterday with AVG telling me that it had caught a virus and fixed it but needed to restart. So i restarted it and it goes to the splash screen then to the XP screen with the loading bar for about 30 seconds. After that it goes balnk for a couple of seconds then starts the whole cycle over and it just keeps repeating itself until i turn it off. I have no idea what to do. Any help is apprieciated thanks!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
A couple of things you can try. Start the computer and keep hitting the F8 key while it is booting up. This should get you into safe mode. In safe mode you can go to restore and pick last known good configeration, or pick a date before your problem started. Be sure to check and delete any viruses as soon as possible if your system boots back to normal as these files may still be on your computer.

Second option is to use a Windows Xp CD and do a repair install.

http://www.geekstogo...ws_XP-t138.html

SRX660