Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Extra drives added

• Please log in to reply

scottydog1

scottydog1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi all,
When I boot up now my pc has added extra drives ie h and i. These drives dont exsist and wonder if anybody knows why ?
Thanks
Scott

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
When you click on them does a window come up where you can click on the properties at the bottom of the list? If so look there to see what it says. I am assuming you have used a USB flash drive in the computer and did NOT do a stop on the drive from the icon placed in the taskbar before removing the USB drive.

SRX660

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Check and make sure you don't have one of those card readers on the front of your computer. These would appear as drives in MY COMPUTER. The card reader I am referring to is those that read the SD cards from digital cameras, etc... If you do have a card reader, then these extra drives are normal and shouldn't be removed.

Fenor