Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse and keyboard dis-engageing

• Please log in to reply

matt6385

matt6385

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I recently replaced the fan on the northbridge chip on my motherboard with a heatsink, as the fan was bust and very loud! To do this, I had to basically dismantle my PC and remove my motherboard. I did this very carefully, to ensure everything was safe, and went back in the correct place.

I connected everything back up, booted up, and it started and was completely fine. However, my mouse and keyboard seem to dis-engage them selves at random intervals, and I have to re-boot to get them back and working.

It seems to happen when I leave the computer for 10/15 mins or so, although this could purely be coincidence. They are fine when I boot up, and I do not jog or move the tower at all.

Any possible help/ideas/thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time

Matt

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are both mouse and keyboard usb or ps/2 or a mixture of both? are you noticing any other problems? does one stop before the other (i.e. mouse before keyboard)? have you tried other keyboards/mice?