Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Mp3 streaming...

• Please log in to reply

Zaine7673

Zaine7673

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Hi, I've inserted a mp3 player onto my website but for some reason it seems to slow down the song. I was wondering if someone could advise me on what the problem could be...

Thanks

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Where is the player pulling the MP3's from?

Most normal hosts won't allow this unless it is set-up specifically for streaming audio as it consumes a significant amount of bandwidth.

If this is your own server your upstream is probably no more than 128 and one or two connections can slow that down as well as if you are logged in locally to the server.

Zaine7673

Zaine7673

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
I haven't actually uploaded them yet to any server. They are currently on my comp and the player is pulling the mp3's from a folder (with the song in it).
I'm using Dreamweaver.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Sitting locally there should be zero lag in the audio stream.

If there is you have something unnecessary or wrong in your code or you have a PC issue.

If the files play fine outside of using your code that would eliminate the PC being the problem and I would look at the code or possibly the playback device settings.

Zaine7673

Zaine7673

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Is ther any reason why this code should play the mp3's so slow?

<embed src="mp3player.swf" width="185" height="18" loop="true" align="baseline" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer"
flashvars="file=Mp3%27s/J2 Sample.mp3&showdigits=true&autostart=true&repeat=true"/>

If anyone can help, it would def be appreciated.

Thanks

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Someone would have to look at the code that makes up the SWF file and has a grip on Flash...

I'm not a Flash guru, plus since it's already compiled I couldnt tell you anyway...