Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system clean up

• Please log in to reply

jarhead_powerliner

jarhead_powerliner

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am sure there is a simple way of doing this but I want to erase everything on my computer and restore it back to the original erasing everything but what it came with. There is nothing on it that I need to save. how do I do this and what are the precautions I need to take??

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi jarhead_powerliner...

If this is a branded machine such as Dell or HP, what's the Make and Model Number? Do you have installation cd's?

wannabe1

jarhead_powerliner

jarhead_powerliner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Its a dell, I do have installation cd's, its a dimension 4400

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Follow the instructions HERE starting under the heading Reinstalling Windows XP. Do the full destructive recovery which will format the drive and reinstall WinXP.

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
This is a good eraser program I have used. http://www.majorgeek...wnload4221.html