Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Word save as

• Please log in to reply

Blackberry

Blackberry

• Pip
  • 4 posts
The system hangs up when I do a Save As in Word. The only way out is to go to Task Manager and terminate the task. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this? Thanks.

:whistling:

Advertisements

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Hi Blackberry and Welcome to Geeks To Go!

A few quick questions can really help out here.

1). What version of Word are you using?

2). Are you on a network?

3). What if any Antivirus/Firewall program(s) are you running?

Let us know please and we'll be glad to help you out the best we can. :whistling:

thanks,

Jrenter2

Blackberry

Blackberry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
Thanks for responding so quickly! This is a new experience for me; I'm not very tech savvy (that's probably an understatement) and it's great to know there is help.

I've got Word 2003. Have two antivirus programs, one is XoftSpy and I can't tell what the other is until I restart. Not on a network.

Does that help?
Blackberry

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Hey Blackberry,

Thank you for the answers to those questions. This is a problem that has been going on, but has a couple different "ways" of fixing it depending on the situation. There are some fixes, but I forgot to ask yesterday what type of computer you have and have you done some updates lately? Also, do you have any HP equipment such as camera, scanner, etc.

How long has this been going on and does this happen with any other program(s)?

Sorry for the questions, just want to make sure that myself or someone else don't give you the "wrong" fix. It helps to know exactly or somewhere thereabouts of what we're dealing with.

Look forward to your reply. :whistling:

Blackberry

Blackberry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
HI,
I've got a "white box" computer that my son built about a year ago. Nope, no HP stuff. I had a bad virus a few months ago and an IT guy rebuilt the computer. For a while, everything was perfect and then this happened.

Blackberry

Blackberry

Blackberry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oops forgot the other questions. This has been going on for several months. I don't think it happens with any other programs but I'm not positive. I pretty much just use Word and occasionally excel, where it hasn't been a problem.