Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected

• Please log in to reply

MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
How are things now - the log is clean

Advertisements

misscoco

misscoco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I'm still having problems. I keep getting theses error reports from internet explorer and my internet closes.

MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
IE Fix - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm - Repair - http://www.theelderg.../repair_ie6.htm

misscoco

misscoco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I used the Fix - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm but I can't use the repair link because I do not have the disc I need to use it. Do you have any other suggestions.

MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
how are things?

misscoco

misscoco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I'm still getting the error messages.

MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
get IE 7

http://www.microsoft...ie/default.mspx

misscoco

misscoco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Ok I installed it but I'm still getting those error messages and my internet is still closing.

MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
Describe in detail the error messages

misscoco

misscoco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Well its a small window and all it say is Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Then when I hit ok it gives my the option of sending an error report and gives me this:

All products | Support | Search | microsoft.com guide

Privacy Statement for the Microsoft Error Reporting Service

Last updated: 10/10/05

Microsoft is committed to helping protect your privacy. This statement explains how the Microsoft Error Reporting Service collects information and how the information can be used. This statement does not apply to other online or offline Microsoft websites, software, or services.

Why does Microsoft collect information about errors and problems?

The information helps Microsoft and Windows partners diagnose problems in the software you use and provide solutions. Not all problems have solutions but when solutions are available, they are offered as steps for solving a problem you've reported or as updates to install. To help prevent problems and make software more reliable, some solutions are also included in service packs and future versions of the software.

How is information collected?

Many Microsoft software programs, including some Windows operating systems, are designed to work with the reporting service. If a problem occurs in one of these software programs, you are asked if you want to report it. You can view the details of the report before sending it, although some files might not be in a readable format.

Some software also allows you to report problems automatically instead of requesting your consent each time a problem occurs. If you use automatic reporting, you are not prompted to review the information in a report before it is sent. However, no information is collected unless you (or your system or network administrator) choose to report problems. You can choose to stop reporting problems at any time.

Enterprise customers can use the Microsoft Corporate Error Reporting Service to manage error reporting and data collection, and to choose the information that is sent to Microsoft.

What types of information can be collected?

The reporting service can collect Information about problems that interrupt you while you work and about errors that occur behind the scenes. It is important to diagnose errors that occur behind the scenes because these problems, if left unsolved, may cause additional problems such as performance or program failures.

Reports contain information that is most useful for diagnosing and solving the problem that has occurred, such as:

Where the problem happened in the software or hardware. Occasionally, empty files might be included as an initial indication of a problem.
Type or severity of the problem, if known
Files that help describe the problem (typically system or report-generated files about software behavior before or after the problem occurred)
Basic software and hardware information (such as operating system version and language, device models and manufacturers, or memory and hard disk size)
Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is also collected because you are connecting to an online service (web service) to send error reports. However, your IP address is used only to generate aggregate statistics. It is not used to identify you or contact you.

Reports might unintentionally contain personal information, but this information is not used to identify you or contact you. For example, a report that contains a snapshot of memory might include your name, part of a document you were working on, or data that you recently submitted to a website. If you are concerned that a report might contain personal or confidential information, you should not send the report.

Who can use the information and how can it be used?

Microsoft uses information about errors and problems to improve Windows, and the software and hardware designed for use with Windows operating systems. Microsoft employees, contractors, vendors, and partners may be provided access to information collected by the reporting service. However, they may use the information only to repair or improve the products that they publish or manufacture.

For example, if an error report indicates that a third-party product is involved, Microsoft may send that information to the vendor of the product. The vendor may provide the information to sub-vendors and partners; however, all parties must abide by the terms of this privacy statement.

To improve the products that run on Microsoft software, Microsoft may share aggregate information about errors and problems. Aggregate information is used for statistical analysis and does not contain specific information from individual reports, nor does it include any personal or confidential information that may have been collected from a report.

About surveys and report tracking

After you report a problem, you might be asked to complete a survey about the error experience. If you choose to provide a phone number or e-mail address in response to the survey, your error report will no longer be anonymous. Microsoft may contact you to request additional information to help solve the problem you reported.

You might also be provided with the opportunity to track some error reports so you can check to see if a solution has been found. If you choose to track an error report, the report is associated with your e-mail address and is no longer anonymous.

In order to track your report, you will need a Microsoft Passport. If you don't already have a Passport, you will need to create one. To create a Passport, you will be asked to enter an e-mail address and password, which we refer to as your credentials. After you create these credentials, you can use them to sign in to other sites that are part of the Microsoft Passport Network. To learn more about the Passport Network, and learn how your credential information may be used and shared if you sign in to other sites on the Passport Network, read the Passport Network privacy statement.

Information storage, processing, and release

Information that is collected by or sent to Microsoft may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities. Microsoft abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union. Microsoft may disclose this information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Microsoft or the site; (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Microsoft and its family of websites, or © act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, users of Microsoft software or services, or members of the public.

Microsoft occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on its behalf, such as providing customer support, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of reports. Microsoft will provide these companies only the information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.

Security practices

Microsoft is committed to helping protect the security of the information we collect. The Error Reporting Service uses multiple security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, reports are sent to Microsoft from your computer using encryption technology. The information is then stored on computer servers with controlled access.

Changes to this statement

Microsoft may update this privacy statement. If we do, we will revise the "Last updated" information at the top of the statement. To stay informed about how we are helping protect the information collected by the Error Reporting Service, we encourage you to periodically review the privacy statement.

For more information

Microsoft welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you believe that Microsoft has not adhered to this statement, please contact us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.

Microsoft Problem Reporting Service Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

To find contact details for the Microsoft subsidiary or affiliate in your country or region, see the Microsoft Worldwide website at www.microsoft.com/worldwide.

© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of use | Accessibility | Privacy Statement | Trademarks

Advertisements

MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
Dunno = post the prob in the XP forum - your hijack log is clean