Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card Issues

• Please log in to reply

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I got an Intel 945 GNTL motherboard...it has a built in 5.1 sound card of SigmaTel....the driver its uses is Intel Audio Studio wich was there in the driver cd i got along wid the motherboard....i hav altec lansing heaphones wid mic....the problem is wen i try talkin in skype there is a lot of noise in background though i can hear the other person clearly....the other person sayz he can hear a whistlin kinda sound at the back or a hiss....they r three sockets in the back 1 blue 1 green n 1 pink....im sure iv got the sockets rite...then wats goin wrong??...iv also gone to the control panel n tried messin arnd there but no luck....n my headfones r brand new n iv tested em on my frnz comp...plz help

Advertisements

TheQuij

TheQuij

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Have you tried opening volume control from the task bar icon and checking if "microphone" section is on mute?

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
yup done all tht...n even if it was on mute mate wont the other person wldnt hav heard me at all!

TheQuij

TheQuij

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Wait... So who is hearing the loud background noises? You, or your friends?

Muting the microphone still allows the other person to hear you; it just prevents you from hearing yourself speak on your own computer.

Edited by TheQuij, 09 December 2006 - 05:03 PM.

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
the person im talkin to hears a lot of hiss/disturbance/whistlin noise along with my voice and both r as loud as each other! on the other hand my reception of his voice is perfectly clear

TheQuij

TheQuij

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hmm... This problem seems to be widespread among many Skype users (including me).

The only cause that I can think of is your microphone sensitivity, as it might cause the microphone to pick up noises other than your own voice. If turning that down doesn't help, you can go to the Skype website and submit a support request Here. Based on your description of the problem, I couldn't find any solutions to the issue in Skype's help knowledgebase, but you can check for an answer there if you want to. I hope this will help you!

-TheQuij

Edited by TheQuij, 10 December 2006 - 10:41 AM.

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
well its not jus skype...m jus givin an example....its in all cases be it the sound recorder/google talk/msn etc etc

TheQuij

TheQuij

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
When I mentioned the prevalence of your issue among other Skype users, I meant that other users are just in the same situation because they're experiencing the same sound card/microphone/whatever it is that's wrong issues. Even then, the Skype website's help section might be able to help you solve the problem.

Try to toy around with the microphone's sensitivity. The fact that you encounter the same problem in other programs only supports the idea that the microphone sensitivity is too high. To adjust it, go to control panel> sounds and audio devices> "voice" tab> Test Hardware... You might have done this already, but if you haven't gone through this procedure, just try it to test and adjust your microphone's sensitivity level until it reaches a point that is best for you, or at least until all that can be heard is your voice.

Edited by TheQuij, 10 December 2006 - 03:26 PM.

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
ohk tht way....naah dude iv tried evryhtin....m pretty savy witf computers so wen evrythin i tried resulted to nuthin i posted here as a last resort....i wish sum1 can help :-(

TheQuij

TheQuij

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
You could always try posting again, as it is very likely that you'll get better help from a staff member or something. I'm sure someone will know. Sorry I couldn't help ya.

Once again, try to repost this same topic so that someone can help you.

-TheQuij