Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transfers Slow. Uploads Slo. DL's Fast.

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
OK, here's whats up. My Messenger Live transfers are EXTREMELY slow. Probably between 0-2 kb/s. Also, when I add an attachment and send mail using gmail it is also EXTREMELY slow. Now, this is funny because my downloads are full or close-to-full speed. 17-25 kb/s.

I think the problem might have to do with Kaspersky Internet Security 2006. I just recently installed this on my computer. I turn it off for a few seconds today and did a transfer through Messenger Live. It was really faster but not close to Full Speed.

Thanks in Advance.

Advertisements

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I just did a Speed test. Results are 130 down, 65 up, which are proper for my tier. So it isn't a problem with my provider.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Hi Nikul.

download tune up utilities.. install and open the program. go to: optimize & improve. click tune up system optimizer. click internet optimization. let it do it's thing and reboot your machine.

let me know how it works out.

Emery.

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Hi Nikul,

You could also try this if you want to tweak and optimize your internet settings, TCPOptimizer from SpeedGuide.net is a free utility that will do the job for you automatically. here - http://www.speedguid...t/downloads.php

cheers...xxx1

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
It happens I have both Programs and they are fully optimized. I'm 95% sure the problem lies within Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 .

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Ok I disabled Kaspersky's firewall, and turned on Windows'. Uploads seem good now. But I really want to use Kaspersky, anyone use this program.?

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

heres a good alternative
http://www.personalf...all.comodo.com/ this is without a doubt the best free firewall i have come upon and used its the new player in the system protection arena.

cheers...xxx1