Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task manager help

• Please log in to reply

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
My friend's computer has this problem... WHen he hiits CTRL+ALT+DEL the task manager pops up, without any options listed above.. (Applications, Processes, Performance, Networking, Users, FILE, OPTIONS, etc...)

Posted Image

Any ideas??

(also he is having problems with a pop up on his computer called VirusBurster telling him he has viruses that need cleaned and to download the VirusBurster software for an affordable price... And lastly, he gets another pop up on his computer called Windows Task Manager which tells him to clean his registry and also forwards him to a software site to download for a price... Any ideas for that would be helpfull.)

Thanks in advance!

-adam

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi fox3inbound!

When the Task Manger appears the way it is for you, it is said to be in 'fingerprint mode.' Don't ask me how they came up with that name because it doesn't make sense to me either. :whistling:

Anyways, to get rid of it, double-click on any part of the gray border and it should return to its normal appearance.

Now for the problem of the popup for VirusBurster:

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

Fenor

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks Fenor!! you're very helpfull..