Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

DVD Drive Troubles

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 7 posts
This has been troubling me for years and I just don't use the darn thing enough to complain, but I need to resolve this.

Ok, so maybe three years I was burning a CD with my drive and it just stopped....Ever since then my drive won't read any disks that I put in. Sometimes it will read the disk and play, but most frequently it does not. This is really annoying because I recently got in to playing computer games and I can't load the games on the computer to play them. I deleted the driver and re-added after the restart and that didn't solve the problem.

The drive itself works because the "working" light flashes and you can hear the disk spinning in the drive. When I go to "run" or click on the drive, it says "Please insert disk" as if it can't read the disk.

So, I have a computer geek friend and he had a spare drive and we replaced the drive.....SAME PROBLEM!

It won't read the disk....

The funny thing is, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I really don't know what to do!

Please Help!